Policies for Employee Use of AI Systems
Your employees are using ChatGPT and other generative AI algorithms at work. Are your policies ready?
Download a Free E-Book on AI Employee Use Policies
Artificial intelligence systems present a major opportunity for organizations of any size to make their operations more efficient. However, there are also risks involved. Why are specific policies needed for the use of AI in the workplace?
Data Privacy and Security
- What assurances do you have that your data is protected when entered into AI systems – particularly financial and personal identifiable information?
- Is your use of AI consistent with your other data security initiatives?
IP and trade secrets
- When your employees use generative AI to create work product, who owns the results – your company, or the creators and owners of the algorithm?
- When your company’s confidential data is uploaded to an algorithm, you should expect that the owners of that system now have access to your data. Are you comfortable with OpenAI, Google, Microsoft, and others having access to your company’s data?
Incorrect results and Hallucination
- AI systems are famous for frequently producing results that are simply factually incorrect. These are often referred to as hallucinations.
- There is substantial risk that, when employees rely on AI systems, some false information can make it into critical work outputs
Discrimination and bias
- The use of AI is particularly challenging for HR leaders
- New legislation, like New York’s Local Law 144, create new compliance obligations for users of automated systems.
These risks are serious but manageable given the substantial upside of the use of AI in the organization. Proceptual can partner with your organization to install the right governance and protections for the employee use of AI systems.
How Proceptual Can Help
Proceptual has emerged as a market leader in compliance with emerging AI regulation in the HR space. We can partner with your organization to build, monitor, and adapt your AI employee policy.
Hold stakeholder interviews to identify key areas of opportunity and areas of concern
Draft policy and iterate with internal stakeholders
Create AI Database and assign owner
Roll out to the organization via training
Monitor and maintain policy as new regulations, tools, and challenges emerge
WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED